Competition:Closed when it comes to 2020-2021 scholastic 12 months
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only Canadian organizations can submit applications on the behalf of prospects. They could decide to set unique interior due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America in addition to Caribbean with short-term trade possibilities for study or research, in Canada, during the university, undergraduate and graduate amounts.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are manufactured between universities, technical or vocational organizations and universities. Pupils, hereby called «candidates», must certanly be registered as full-time pupils within their house institution during the time of application and through the entire timeframe of these research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary organizations
Canadian organizations are:
- responsible for publishing applications with respect to qualified applicants from organizations in Latin America therefore the Caribbean; and
- Encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to staff and faculty people, along with to partner institutions in Latin America in addition to Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective applicants:
- should determine a solitary individual accountable for the management regarding the share contract and someone else with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share capital from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Prospects thinking about this scholarship system should contact their house organization to:
- make their interest understood;
- determine if there was a current institutional collaboration or trade contract having a Canadian organization; and
- demand information regarding the program procedure and selection requirements certain towards the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, a study task and an enrollment kind for the change system.
Chosen applicants ought to:
- make sure that they match the demands associated with Canadian organization including scholastic demands and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and proceed with the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the Canadian organization (generally speaking a research license is needed for course work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits with their house organization just because their Canadian courses have actually been identified; and
- contact alumni associated with system through their house organization for advice and a perspective that is local the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are required to go back to finish their studies at their house organizations upon conclusion of this scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner organizations in Canada to ensure or explore institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their worldwide workplaces;
- recognize strong educational prospects who meet with the admission needs when it comes to Canadian partner organization;
- give you the applicants’ papers to your Canadian partner institution, that will be responsible for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to get extra linguistic training, educational upgrading and cultural preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship value and extent
Funding for ELAP scholarships is created available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its title that is legal Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The institution that is canadian get capital from DFATD for several effective prospects by means of a share contract and you will be in charge of supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the level and duration of research. The scholarship value for students is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for no less than four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to 6 months of research or research.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds towards the scholarship receiver to play a role in the costs that are following
- visa and/or study/work license costs;
- airfare, for the scholarship receiver just, to Canada by the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion associated with scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- cost of living, such as for instance accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials needed for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems as well as other gear.
Re re Payment procedure
At the mercy of the conditions and terms associated with Contribution Agreement, money is supposed to be disbursed by way of a cheque released to your institution that is canadian getting the next documents:
- the Contribution Agreement signed by both the designated authority during the Canadian organization and the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted because of the institution that is canadian coincide because of the arrival regarding the scholarship recipients to Canada.